Monday, March 12, 2012

Black and Cream Wedding

This wedding invitation is very classic and simple in the color choice - black ink on cream paper; however, with the scroll elements on the corners, the design is not overly simple. Having the design area extend to the edges of my press's printable space was not as much of an issue as I initially thought. (Major SIGH of relief!) My challenge for this project was even color saturation. Black ink is as unforgiving as it gets when you look at it, unlike lighter colors where, if the ink coverage is not 100%, even you can't tell. If black ink is at all too thin in coverage, it looks grey. Boxcarpress, my primary resource for both ink and plates, provided a very helpful video tutorial to deal with this very issue, so I lucked out! Final product turned out lovely!





No comments:

Post a Comment