Thursday, March 8, 2012

2 Color Wedding Invitation - Color 1

Letterpressing in multiple colors brings its own challenges in addition to the normal ones. Each piece has to be pressed first with one color and then with the second, third, etc. The difficulty comes in lining the second color to the first while keeping all lines parallel and maintaining an even press. You also have to clean off ink colors between runs and prep your press each time separately. I had my first experience with this on a Christmas card about 3 months ago. It was a challenge that I, being self-taught, had to try and re-try numerous different times before I felt confident enough to do the full run. The images below show the first color (purple) on what will be 2-color wedding invitation. I will post the final product once it is finished!





1 comment: