Monday, February 27, 2012

Navy or Dusty Blue?


This is a recent stationery project I completed with a whole lot of color woe. The client requested the ink color navy, which at the start, I was like, "oh, navy, super easy, simple, no problem." Then I started mixing the color. I literally came up with over 20 shades of navy, dark blue, dusty blue, midnight blue, dark bright blue, true blue, and a very sad blue-grey color. Sooooo, lesson? Yes. I learned that what I should have already known - people have different opinions on what colors are and getting a solid printed example of the color is the safest and most painless way to get the perfect color. I did eventually find the perfect navy, but geesh it took some time to get there. Above is not a picture of the final, but one of the navies and a dusty blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment